Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Friday September 16

7:30am - Our day started at the normal time. You can almost set your watch by us by now! We drove around Hilton Head Island a little, checking it out. A lot of gigantic houses, private golf courses, exclusivity galore. We then had breakfast at McD's. Seriously, before our next vacay, I think I am going to buy some stock! lol We headed out to our first activity, a dolphin tour! Yay! It was also a harbor cruise, so it served a dual purpose. It was neat to cruise around Hilton Head, seeing all the houses from the water. On the peninsula, the houses have water views on both sides. One of the houses there was listed a couple years ago for 14 million, the highest ever listed on the island. The house never sold and fell into foreclosure and was sold last year in a short sale for five million. It is a second home for the new owners and the captain of the boat we were on said he has only seen them once, over 4th of July weekend. I think if I bought a house there, I would visit more frequently, it's gorgeous! As we cruised out, we did not see any dolphins and I was disappointed, and soon it was time to head back. I was hoping we might see some on the way back and we got lucky! Yes! We saw some! Just a couple, but none the less, I got to see some. I was happy. We headed back to shore after watching them for a few minutes (our cruise time was about up). Once back on shore, we headed on to our next destination, Savannah, GA. We wanted to do a riverboat cruise in Savannah, but we didn't get into town in time to make the last one, so we decided to do a trolley tour of the city instead. That was really neat, it took us around to some of the more historic and architectural places around the town. Unfortunately, for the second time on the trip, I forgot my camera. One of these days, I am going to forget my head. We definatly put Savannah on the list to visit again because they are steeped in history and the architecture is just astounding. Once our tour was done, we headed out of town to where we were going to put down for the night, Jacksonville, FL. I wanted to stay on the river, and choose a hotel that was on the river. When we got there, they were out of river view rooms, we had to pay for parking, half the lights in the room didn't work, there was no fridge and the internet didn't work. Needless to say, it was not worth the price we paid, and I was not happy. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Weather - Cloudy and cool

No comments:

Post a Comment